Sunday, May 18, 2014

Cape Point

My favorite day of our South Africa trip was going to Cape Point. I underestimated how jaw-dropping-show-stopping gorgeous Cape Point is.  I'm being honest when I say the pictures don't do it justice!


It was about a 45 minute ride to Cape Point and we drove along the beach.  Along the way we stopped at Boulder's Beach and saw...


PENGUINS!!!!



Totally awesome, I'm telling you.  I remember this guy complaining to his girlfriend "come on we don't need a camera full of pictures of penguins" yes you do!  Everyone does.  Penguins are so cute and adorable.  I wish I could have brought one home with us.

After ooing and ahhing for about 30 minutes, it was time to get back on the road and headed towards the point.



There were some warning signs


Cape Point on the map


Cape Point is sectioned off as a national park of South Africa.  When we arrived we payed a small toll and drove inside.





Below is the tip that they refer to as Cape Point.


It was about a 30 minute walk to the tip and I definitely wasn't dressed appropriately :-)


But I made it!  Love this picture.  I love South Africa :-)



We also saw plenty of wildlife...


Ostriches


And baboons!  My window was rolled up and my door was locked.  I don't trust those monkeys!


We drove through the mountains on the way back.  Oh how I completely underestimated the beauty of that country


We pulled over for this sunset.  I don't think Aaron and I have ever appreciated nature and God's creation more than that evening.  It was amazing.  After the sun disappeared, we headed back home, so tired and content that we skipped a fancy place for dinner and just grabbed some thai takeout and had dinner in bed.  That day was perfect.  

No comments:

Post a Comment