Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Visiting Your Bestie

Photo by Elena Kalis

With my remaining vacation time, I traveled to Baltimore to visit my bff and college roommate Ebony.  It was so refreshing!  We had so much fun I didn't even take pictures-neglecting my camera is kind of crazy for me.  We did those things you can only do when you feel totally at home with someone - raid their fridge and make mixed drinks, control the remote control (I was especially excited to do this since Aaron and I don't have cable).  Gush about feelings, talk about significant others, lay on the couch and watch cheerleading competitions on ESPN.  As I described my girlfriends before, it's like chicken soup for the soul.

You take it for granted that in college your best friends are right down the hall - or simply across the room from you.  It's such a big change getting into the real world where you have to worry about your job, your husband, where your next meal is coming from.  I've been really lucky to meet some amazing girls in Raleigh though and rebuild that support system.  However sometimes I just need to visit my college roomie so I can really feel at home.

1 comment: