Saturday, March 28, 2015

Art in Bloom

Last weekend, Aaron and I went to the North Carolina Museum of Art to see the Art in Bloom exhibit.  The exhibit had local florists and artists come together and make floral arrangements inspired from renown pieces of art.  I love flowers so of course I wasn't going to miss this, even though I was just coming off an overnight shift at the VA.

We decided to do a docent tour, which was so helpful.  That's our docent to the right!
The photos I'm sharing all feature both the floral piece and it's inspiration.


 Monet

His and her florals arrangements for the his and her portraits.

 Love this one.






Aren't these amazing?  Aaron and I are members of the art museum and their young adult group, the Contemporaries.  Contemporaries is a fun way to appreciate art, we have events at the museum including parties and private tours.  We also love going out into the community, last year we visited Big Boss Brewery and learned about how they design their labels.  We also visited the Raleigh Little Theatre earlier this year.

Sad to see State lose last night but they had a great season!  I'm off to Beer & Bacon today!


No comments:

Post a Comment