Sunday, November 29, 2015

Thankful

Thanksgiving weekend has been great.  On Thursday we headed to Chatham, Virginia to spend the day with my grandmother.  She always throws down for Thanksgiving and this year was no exception.  Last year I went up early and spent Wednesday with her to take notes on her recipes for the stuffing and other sides.  This year I just marveled at how much I still need to learn!

obligatory family photo 
My siblings, my brother's fiance Lisa and her daughter, Audrey

Friday was ridiculously awesome.  Monkee's was having 25% off of everything, starting at 9am.  It was nice to get to "sleep in" on Black Friday.  I got there right at 9 and it was definitely crowded, but in a fun way.  I splurged and got a pair of Tory Burch Minnie leather flats and Frye Ethan double zip ankle boots.  I can't believe how much I love the Frye boots.  I'd been looking online for some ankle boots for quite some time, but the best things really come when you're not expecting them!

Then I met my mom, sister, cousin and aunt at Belk for some more shopping - window shopping for me, after I spent all my money.  Then I got the best text of my life - Congratluations, you've won a $500 giftcard!  I won a Black Friday contest I had signed up for.  The mall would send you a text between 6-11am and you had 15 minutes to get the mall service desk to claim it.  By the grace of God, my text came at 11 when I was actually there.  I was being silly when I pulled out my phone announcing we all needed to check to see if any of us had won, then lo and behold I did! Cha-ching.  

grainy photo, here I am taking some paparazzi shots

On Saturday, we went to the last State game of the year against UNC.  Unfortunately we lost but that didn't taint the tailgate.



when will I decide I am too old for flip cup?

I'm finishing the week off with night float at the hospital.  Only 3 nights in a row and the perk of being a third year is seeing some extra moolah for every inhumane hour they ask you to work.  Not bad at all.  Hope everyone is having a great holiday too!

No comments:

Post a Comment