Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Goals Check In

It's December 2nd and a great time to check in on my 2015 goals.



2015 Resolutions

1  Clean the office in my apartment and dispose of unneeded items.

Check - the office is still a mild reservoir of junk, but it's much improved

2  Arrive at places 10 minutes early.

Looking like a 2017 2016 goal.  I accidentally typed 2017 the first time and had to come back and revise this post...is my subconscious trying to tell me something?

3  Focus on being a considerate and caring wife.

Progress - This is a weird goal, because it's kind of like a continual goal.  I think marriage is definitely work and it's important not to slack or take your partner for granted.

4  Focus on one cookbook a month and cook at least 2 recipes from this book a week.

I've only been able to partially do this - with our work schedules finding time for dinner together at home has been hard.  We usually only cook 2-3x a week.  I was able to really focus on some of my recipe books, in particular Thug Kitchen and Southern Cooking Bible.  I didn't really reach this goal though.

5  If Aaron and I do not go to or stream church on Sunday, watch the sermon by Tuesday that week.

Sigh.

6  Finish my South Africa photobook.

Complete. :-)

7  Regularly limit my sugar intake to 25g a day, at least 4 out of 7 days a week.

Check - this is another continual goal but I think I've been really working myself towards it and can consider it achieved.

8  Work out twice a week and weigh myself weekly. 

Check - whenever humanly possible I'm at the gym twice a week.  Weighing myself is still kind of painful though.   

9  Instead of feeling like getting ready for bed is a burden, make it more of spa and pampering experience with music and candles.

Progress - I noticed this goal has been neglected so I've been working on it this week.

10  Work on building a nest egg with Aaron outside of retirement - rainy day funds, future house fund. 

Progress - Aaron and I have gotten better at monitoring our spending so we can tuck away money.  Our nest egg got set back when Aaron's car broke down and we decided to get a new car.  However I think that in general we're wiser about our spending this year.

11  Make my mother a wedding album.

Really need to at least order this by Christmas so I can give her an IOU.

12  Redecorate the bedroom.

Check - pretty happy about that!

5 goals completed.  3 goals in progress.  4 goals that were not really addressed.  Some I'm definitely rolling over into next year - getting places 10 minutes early, streaming the church service by Tuesday.  I'm not really sure what new goals I'll incorporate.  Right now, it's crunch time and I still have time to make some of these happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment