Thursday, April 2, 2015

The Search for the Next Great Hat

So, I want a hat.

Is it the Southern church lady in me?



Or is it because I recently saw The Notebook?



I don't know.  All I know is Easter is coming, I'm married and doggone it, I want a hat!  I'm not sure what married and hat have to do with each other, but it feels like since I'm married I can wear a hat without worrying what anybody things of me.

So today I went to look for hats.  Options were few, some super old hat shops in the area are now closed.  So I tracked all the way out to Fuquay-Varina, in my post night-float scrubs, to go hat shopping.

What a large hat!

This hat was so gorgeous.

The photo - and my scrubs and Food Bank volunteer name tag - don't really do it justice.

!!!

The last photo, not a hat but a fascinator (i.e. partial hat on a headband), was my favorite.  It was gorgeous.  I could make it chic...with styled hair and a proper fitting dress.  However, it was $125.  As was the hat above it.  So I left the hat store empty-handed.  

Sadly my head will not be adorned these Easter, not at these prices.  I'm going to do a little more shopping tomorrow but I'm running out of time.  That's okay...I'm going to London this summer and my friend says I can wear her fascinator out to tea!   Us Americans just don't appreciate hats enough.

I'm definitely looking forward to plenty of sunshine this weekend, an early anniversary date with husband and Easter!  My family is coming over for brunch afterwards and it will be my first time hosting the family for a holiday.  I can't wait to share pictures with you and let y'all know how it went - cross your fingers for me!

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh, you're a girl after my own heart!! I LOVE HATS!! I wish we could wear them more often!! I'm jealous that you'll find awesome ones in London for tea!! You must get one while you're there!! Hope brunch goes well!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete