Sunday, August 31, 2014

Welcome to Fall

With the kids going back to school and football season starting, it's beginning to feel like fall.  Nevermind that the weather is still in the 90s!




Aaron and I had a great time yesterday cheering on State!  And we won 24-23!  We tailgated with Bojangles (of course), Cottonwood Pumpkin Ale and I made Nutella Pound Cake.  The pound cake was delicious but I think next time I'll make it healthier by substituting applesauce for half of the butter and cutting the sugar by a quarter.  It's really true that once you start cutting down on sugar you are more sensitive to it.  So I thought the cake was rather sweet but the boys gobbled it down. :-)

Even though my preferred weather is summer year around, I am looking forward to wearing the fall styles.  I have some Melissa Frye boots I bought last year on clearance I didn't get to break in.  Also, of course I'm already looking at new boots, what girl can have enough?



Neither of these boots are terribly new, but I'm in still in love with them!  Especially the harrow booties, they seem so versatile.  Both these shoes retail around $500 but you can get them on ebay for about $300.  I'm a big fan of ebay shopping and have even sold a few items on their myself.  


It's funny because growing up throwing on a L.L. Bean puffer vest was the norm and nothing special.  Similar to Lacoste polos.  Now I'm 27 and they seem like the hottest thing.  I'll hold off until the weather gets a little cooler.  

I hope y'all are having a good Labor Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment