Saturday, August 16, 2014

Mind Meanderings

1. Vegetable Lasagna

 Photo and recipe from Marshalls Abroad

I made this vegetable lasagna last Sunday.  It consists of delectable layers of whole wheat pasta, pesto, a ricotta-feta cheese mix and vegetables.  I used spinach, broccoli, bell peppers and onions for my veggie layer.  Due to all the cheese and pesto, I'm not sure if it was all that healthy (or budget friendly), but I can say it was hands down delicious.  Aaron even ate the leftovers!


2. Mindfulness



At Duke we have a monthly class where we practice mindful meditation.  I've enjoyed it so much I started looking for it in the community.  I found a yoga studio in Durham near work that offers mindful meditation a couple nights a week and you pay a donation for each class you go to.  I went to my first class Wednesday and really enjoyed it.  Sometimes I feel like I'm always trying to multitask (text on phone, 5 tabs on chrome, talking to someone, writing notes) and I want to work on my focusing skills and lowering my stress level through mindfulness meditation.


3. Lilly Pultizer Endless Summer/After party Sale


The Lilly after party sale is this Monday!  Get ready ladies!  I really would love a couple dresses and a scarf.  We'll see, sale starts at 8am!

Have a great weekend! xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment