Monday, January 26, 2015

US National Figure Skating Championships

Last week I was so excited to find out the US National Figure Skating Championships were being held over the weekend in Greensboro.  My friend Sarah agreed to go with me and I was ecstatic!  I was also a little surprised to see how many people didn't share in my enthusiasm - I invited so many others!  Growing up, I loved watching figure skating competitions on television.  Angelic figures, jaw dropping turns, the suspense.  I had hold myself back from donning a figure skating dress to the competitions. :-)  Not that I ever skated, but I have dreams!!

Sarah and I met at Sticks & Stones in Greensboro for pizza.  So tasty!  


Then we headed over to Greensboro Coliseum to watch the ladies long program.  All of the events were being held in Greensboro over 5 days, including mens and pairs.  If I would have had more time, I would have stayed for more and made a weekend out of it.


:-)
 
Here are some pictures I took.

15 year old Karen Chen, a new star on the scene.
She placed third.

Olympic gold medalist Gracie Gold


Gracie placed second.

Olympian and cutie Polina Edmunds.
She placed fourth.

Olympic silver medalist Ashley Wagner.

Ashley was the star of the night, winning first place.


I took these photos with my Sony DSC-HX50V camera, which is automatic.  Shooting against the ice required some editing on my computer for color correction - the ice is so gray.  I love my camera for the ease of things!  However I am looking forward to learning to shoot in manual in the near future.  Maybe this will be my goal #13. ;-)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment