Friday, February 14, 2014

Snowpocalypse


This was Raleigh on Wednesday.  2.5 inches of snow took our whole city down!  After our last dusting of snow a few weeks ago, I thought I was tough and could handle anything.  I wasn't phased by the weather reports, a "wintry mix" that would start at around 4pm (or so I thought).  Yeah, well I was wrong.  The snow and ice came at 1pm and chaos ensued.  It took people like 4 hours to drive what would normally take 30 minutes!  I was at the hospital, worried about having to return the next morning, so I gave up and had a sleepover with a friend who lives nearby.  The next day I twiddled my thumbs in the empty emergency department.

Although I live 15 minutes over in Cary now (temporarily lol), I was born and raised in Raleigh and I have a lot of memories of snow and Raleigh.  When I was in elementary school, we got 20 inches and I didn't have school for 2 weeks.  When I was in high school, we had snow in the middle of day, similar to Wednesday and another cluster ensured...it took my aunt and I 7 hours to get home.  All of these memories have instilled a fear of snow and ice in me, that I must get home, that I must buy bread and milk and gas and I was just finally shaking it off...but no.  It's back.  I'm not fooling around with this white stuff anymore!






More posts this weekend! I have so much to share with y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment