Sunday, November 30, 2014

Thankful


It's not always easy to be thankful.  When I was writing patient progress notes at 1am Friday, I wasn't very thankful for my education and opportunities that allowed me to become a doctor.  When the next day I was grumpy that Aaron was busy hanging with my brother and "leaving me out," I wasn't thankful for an amazing husband that treats my family like his own.  So it can be important to take time and reflect.

Here is a short list of a few things I am thankful for
-I'm thankful for the new friends I've made in 2014 and the old ones I've kept, some have known me for over 20 years
-I am thankful for a house to live in...and decorate!
-I am thankful for family that lives near by, a Dad that fixes my car and a Mom that lets me bring food and toiletries from her house back to mine
-I am thankful for a super sweet selfless husband that inspires me to be a better person
-I am thankful for my patients, for the opportunity to help people and I live for my moments when my patients thank me and tell me I've made a difference in their lives

I am thankful.


No comments:

Post a Comment